Birthdays, gotcha days, holidays, picnics, weekends & more…
There are plenty of reasons to celebrate with your pup & every good party needs a tasty cake! Baxter & Dixie really love this dog cake & since there is no baking required it is quick and easy to make for any celebration! It is a frosty treat to stay cool on warm days.
The recipe has simple ingredients for sensitive stomachs and is flexible – allowing you to use your own dog food & treats. The power ingredient is 100% pumpkin, which is high in fiber and helps settle Baxter & Dixie’s bellies when they are upset. When you are shopping be sure to check the can to make sure the only ingredient is pumpkin.
- Your dogs favorite food and/or treats
- Instant Potato Flakes
- Canned 100% Pumpkin
- Fill a paper baking cup half full with water
- Add a couple spoonfuls of mashed potato flakes until soft
- Sprinkle with Dog Food or Treats
- Freeze cake until firm
- Repeat steps 1-4 for a 2 layered cake
- Frost – Mix potato flakes with water until smooth enough to spread on cake
- Decorate – Use pumpkin & dog treats to decorate cake
- Bone Apetit!
How do you and your pup celebrate? Leave a comment to let us know.
(coming soon) Want your own chef hat? CLICK HERE to check out our easy DIY Post.
Disclaimer: It’s always best to check with your veterinarian to see what is best for your pup. We are not a vet or nutritionist, all opinions are our own.